Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Will Concealed Carry Play In Peoria?
Even though this is more of a local story for me, it also might peak some interest nationwide. Peoria mayor Jim Ardis is doing something right by advocating for our city to become the anti-Chicago and allowing for law-abiding citizens to engage in their 2nd Amendment rights against the growing crime rate here.
In a PJ Star online poll, the majority of the city supports concealed carry in Peoria. Nationwide, even more Americans agree that the citizens do have a right to keep and bear arms.
I haven't a clue on why the liberals want law abiding citizens to become less and less readily available to defend themselves. If it were fully up to them, they would ban Super Soakers. But here (ala that hack David Letterman) is a 10 top reason for less gun control.
10. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
9. Guns don't kill people, but they make the bullets go much faster to kill people with.
8. Criminals don't obey gun control laws either.
7. Expecting criminals to care that they are breaking the law when carrying a concealed weapon is like expecting a terrorist to care if his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces.
6. For some reason, "gun free zones" seem to have the most gun deaths.
5. An armed society is a polite society. Manners would be important when your life depends on it.
4. Criminals love gun control laws. It makes their job safer.
3. Women are much safer against a rapist with a gun in their purse than a condom. (And chicks with guns are even hotter)
2. Would you rather be a gun owner or a victim?
And finally the number 1 reason for less gun control, is...
1. Buy a gun, piss off a liberal and support the Constitution.
I certainly hope concealed carry passes in Peoria. If so, rest assured that the high crime rate here would go down substantially.