Monday, February 09, 2009
The Obama Rape The Economy Act of 2009
Since 60 million morons voted for this Jimmy 'Tarder retread "Ohh! But he's shiny and clean! Must have! CHAAAAANGGGGEEEE" now a lot of the voters who put this socialist in office are saying "DO NOT WANT!" Why? Because they entrusted him with our money. They knew he was planning a "stimulus", and they thought they'd get a handout. Like the 2nd grade class president who promises free ice cream to all her classmates. but as Mitt Romney eloquently put it, it's a "government stimulus".
This is what you are getting by voting for Chairman Zero. Below is an idea of what these loons think will help the private sector. Notice how many items are basically an expansion of government.
$2 billion earmark to re-start FutureGen, a near-zero emissions coal power plant in Illinois that the Department of Energy defunded last year because it said the project was inefficient.
• A $246 million tax break for Hollywood movie producers to buy motion picture film.
• $650 million for the digital television converter box coupon program.
• $88 million for the Coast Guard to design a new polar icebreaker (arctic ship).
• $448 million for constructing the Department of Homeland Security headquarters.
• $248 million for furniture at the new Homeland Security headquarters.
• $600 million to buy hybrid vehicles for federal employees.
• $400 million for the Centers for Disease Control to screen and prevent STD’s.
• $1.4 billion for rural waste disposal programs.
• $125 million for the Washington sewer system.
• $150 million for Smithsonian museum facilities.
• $1 billion for the 2010 Census, which has a projected cost overrun of $3 billion.
• $75 million for "smoking cessation activities."
• $200 million for public computer centers at community colleges.
• $75 million for salaries of employees at the FBI.
• $25 million for tribal alcohol and substance abuse reduction.
• $500 million for flood reduction projects on the Mississippi River.
• $10 million to inspect canals in urban areas.
• $6 billion to turn federal buildings into "green" buildings.
• $500 million for state and local fire stations.
• $650 million for wildland fire management on forest service lands.
• $1.2 billion for "youth activities," including youth summer job programs.
• $88 million for renovating the headquarters of the Public Health Service.
• $412 million for CDC buildings and property.
• $500 million for building and repairing National Institutes of Health facilities in Bethesda, Maryland.
• $160 million for "paid volunteers" at the Corporation for National and Community Service.
• $5.5 million for "energy efficiency initiatives" at the Department of Veterans Affairs National Cemetery Administration.
• $850 million for Amtrak.
• $100 million for reducing the hazard of lead-based paint.
• $75 million to construct a "security training" facility for State Department Security officers when they can be trained at existing facilities of other agencies.
• $110 million to the Farm Service Agency to upgrade computer systems.
• $200 million in funding for the lease of alternative energy vehicles for use on military installations.
A better way to stimulate the economy if they want to hand out the money would be to give every man, woman, and child in America $2,300 and WE spend it the way we want! But no.. because Big Daddy Government knows what's best for you, and you better take it and like it otherwise they'll send you to your room without supper because we have to help the 500 million unemployed Americans.
Pass this around, call your Senator (I'll be doing so even though I live in the land of Little Dick Durbin and Obama's replacement), and tell them that they will not have your vote next time if they pass this sham.